Bombay Stock Exchange
- The bourse was established in 1875 as The Native Shares and Stock Brokers Association.
- Asia’s first and fastest stock exchange with a speed of 6 micro seconds
- Provides an efficient and transparent market for trading in Equity, Currencies, Debt Instruments, Derivatives and Mutual Funds
- Has a platform for trading in equities of Small and Medium enterprises
- India INX – India’s first International Exchange located in GIFT City IFSC in Ahmedabad is BSE’s fully owned subsidiary
- The First Listed Stock Exchange of India
- Provides a host of other services to capital market participants including risk management, clearing, settlement, market data services and education.
- Global reach with customers around the world and nationwide presence.
- Systems and processes are designed to safeguard integrity, drive the growth of Indian Capital Markets and stimulate innovation and competition across all market segments.
- First Exchange in India and Second in the world to obtain ISO 9001:2000 certification
- First exchange in India and second in the world to receive Information Security Management system standards – BS – 7799-2-2002 certification for its online trading system – BOLT
- Operates BSE Institute Limited – One of the most respected capital market educational institutes in the country.
- Provides depository services through the Central Depository Services Limited Arm.
- The S&P BSE SENSEX is India’s most widely tracked Stock Market Benchmark Index
- The S&P BSE SENSEX is traded internationally on EUREX as well as leading exchanges of the Brazil, Russia, China & South Africa BRCS nations
- BSE – India’s International Exchange (India INX) listed Indian Railway Finance Corporation’s (IRFC) Green Bonds on its debt listing platform – the global securities market.
- IRFC Green Bonds have become the first debt security to be listed on an exchange at International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) in Gujarat’s GIFT City
Source : The BSE India Website and Social Media handles of BSE